We are looking to hire a Specialist to join our Total Rewards team where you will be responsible for providing market insights for the development of effective reward practices at AKU. The position maintains relationship with the HR fraternity through information exchange on HR practices, policies, and surveys.
This position researches, analyzes, and develops modifications to compensation and benefits programs to meet identified organization objectives and needs. Makes judgments and takes actions that may set precedents. Evaluates and makes recommendations for major changes in organizational total rewards programs. The responsibilities are carried out with the objective to inculcate a Pay for Performance culture within the limits of organization’s vision & strategy. Additionally, supporting the annual increment process for the business as well as assists with budget finalization for HR.
You will report into Manager, Total Reward with a dotted line to the Director Total Rewards.
Specifically, you will be responsible to;
- support the development, implementation and administration of Total Reward programs
- lead business wide Job Evaluation of positions based on the Hay methodology and assist in determining and executing the governance framework to ensure future sustainability of JE as well as build capacity in the wider HR team
- lead annual market surveys to develop analytics in support of the Total Reward Framework. Assist in establishing and implementing plans using the insights obtained through advanced analytics
- remain current with compensation and benefits practices of the industry and any regulatory changes
- provide recommendations on salary offers and promotions for staff of Hospital and Support Functions in accordance with the University's Total Reward strategy to prevent anomalies
- assess reward compliance matters and keep supervisor informed
- actively work with Finance for the purpose of planning and budgeting process from a compensation and benefits perspective
- review and maintain salary administration, retention and total rewards policies and procedures
- assist in ensuring continuous improvement in technology, administration, development and/or system changes for compensation and benefits for identified Hospital and Support Function priorities
- assist in periodic projects pertaining to Total Rewards
- ensure efficient management of documentation pertaining to Total Rewards:
- analyzes costs and competitive trends in cash compensation and benefits programs and identifies the AKU's position
- develops administrative procedures to monitor and reduce costs and improve delivery of programs
- prepares employee communications materials
- participates in development of compensation and benefits policy.
- Masters degree in Finance or Human Resources
- at least 3 - 5 years of professional work experience in Human Resources with an exposure of direct management of Compensation, Job Evaluation, Incentives and Total Rewards
- exposure in compensation and incentive plan design
- ability to adapt to new ideas and initiatives across a wide variety of issues or situations and locations
- excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- excellent analytical, problem solving and financial modelling skills
- sound judgment, independent and creative thinking with thoroughness and accuracy
- solid financial and computation abilities; must be accurate and disciplined in capturing details and maintaining records
- expertise in managing multiple projects with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.