About the Company:
Silver Jubilee Development Agency (SJDA) is a company limited by guarantee, incorporated and subsisting under Companies Act 2017. It was established with the aim to promote the socio-economic progress of the communities by developing and supporting programs and institutions.
The Family Economic Advancement Programme (FEAP) is SJDA’s integrated, institutional response to improve the Quality of Life of the underprivileged members of the communities by supporting the families to increase income.
The Program aims to:
- Increase the Employment and Self-Employment opportunities;
- Support to establish small enterprises;
- Improve Agriculture productivity;
- Improve Livestock breeding/rearing.
The FEAP is initially offering four sub programmes; a) Family Mentorship Programme; b) Rural Poverty Alleviation Programme; c) Structured Migration Programme; d) Family Accelerator Programme.
SJDA is seeking applications for the position of Senior Specialist, Economic Development & Enterprise Support (Sr. Specialist-ED and ES) having the managerial, technical, and operational background to lead the Economic Development and Enterprise Support Team, under the direction of National Programme Director.
The Sr. Specialist-ED and ES, with the help of the team, will provide market intelligence related to entrepreneurship / business development opportunities, to the Case Workers, and has the overall responsibility for day-to day management of several interrelated economic development themes. In addition, in the capacity of Senior Specialist, the incumbent will ensure coordinated and effective management of the FEAP operations providing common services to respective regions. This includes:
- Coordinate developing the annual work plans and results framework for the projects and take the lead in delivery of results.
- Facilitate the day-to-day functioning of the economic development team. Manage the human and financial resources for achieving project results in line with the outputs and activities outlined in the projects document and annual work plans.
- Facilitate economic officers and case workers / mentors for developing Family Development Plans as per the aspirations of the family, tying it with the market needs.
The Senior Specialist, Economic Development and Enterprise Support will report to the National Programme Director.
Partner for mentors on Family Development Plans and managing candidates
- Lead the development of a data bank for potential entrepreneurship opportunities including emerging trends in the program areas, update the information from time to time as needed.
- Provide specialist input to the economic development officers and case workers on how to develop livelihood pathways related to enterprises.
- Provide specialist input to develop and analyze suggested / shortlisted business feasibilities during the process of developing family development plans.
- Review and endorse feasibilities developed by families, before the same is presented to Governance Committees / Bank for approval of funding / loan.
- Provide inputs to the formulation of the strategic documents, monitoring of programmes / projects, and prepare, consolidate and regularly update the best practices and lessons learnt.
Economic Expertise and Programme Development:
- Participate in the development of strategies, methodologies and identification of new approaches for improving programme delivery and enhancing FEAP’s niche in sustainable economic development.
- Meet with industry leaders to identify what types of entrepreneurship opportunities exist or will emerge in the short, medium and long-term.
- Lead the design of the overall training programme for both aspiring and existing entrepreneurs Participate in management meetings and contribute to achieve set organizational and departmental targets.
- Produce updated reports on business landscape from time to time for management information. Support Programme Director and Area Managers in preparing for the new project concept notes, proposals to potential donors and strategic partners.
- Liaise with other staff of FEAP, as well as external consultants, volunteers and experts on the impact of policy reforms (e.g. business environment improvement, private sector development, agrarian, cross-border trade and etc.) on access of vulnerable population to productive assets and the management of resources.
- Introduce the innovative approaches, update constantly and make oneself introduced and share with colleagues reforms and government strategies and laws pertaining to economic development, private sector support and trade and investments promotion.
- Substantively contribute in preparation of annual and other regular internal and external (donor) progress reports of programme.
Skills and Attitudes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Goal-oriented, data-driven, with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, supportive, and collaborative working relationships with internal team members, the leaders and volunteers.
- High degree of initiative, flexibility and creativity.
- Flexibility and agility to adapt to changing requirements. Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.