The Resource Mobilization Manager, AKAH , works to mobilize resources by researching, identifying, and conducting
outreach to new public donors and supports stewardship of existing donors. Working closely with the Program Management and the Head of Knowledge Management Department and AKAH’s leadership team, the Resource Mobilization Manager will manage proposal development, and post-submission stages of tenders, as well as serve as an internal resource and liaison between AKAH and public sector donors.
The Resource Mobilization Manager will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining a portfolio of bilateral and multilateral public donors, including strategic partnering and relationship management. S/he will also contribute to strategic planning for resource mobilization and supporting program staff across the organization in their efforts to identify new opportunities and expand the public donor base. The Resource Mobilization Manager is also responsible for supervising and on-the-job training and developing other staff within the Resource Mobilization Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate external communication networks among donors, partners, potential partners to assist with gathering of information and identification of trends and resources in order to inform the organizational resource mobilization strategy and help position the organization for new funding opportunities;
- Contribute to identifying and achieving resource mobilization benchmarks through gathering, tracking, synthesizing, and disseminating intelligence and other information regarding new funding;
- Manage the pre-proposal phase for future or anticipated donor procurements in close collaboration with the Program Management and the Head of Knowledge Management Department and AKAH’s leadership team.
- Manage the development, finalization and submission of assigned proposals, in coordination with other AKDN staff and partner organizations, with a particular country and regional focus;
- Manage partner negotiations and proposal development relationships. This includes leading the development of partnering strategies in close collaboration with the AKAH’ leadership team; Coordinating partner negotiations and development of Teaming Agreements; ensuring timely proposal inputs and deliverables from partners; and constructive problem-solving;
- Write and/or edit collateral documents needed for proposals including capability statements, past performance references, personnel resumes, job descriptions, and background information on the relevant subject area;
- Write and/or revise proposal sections such as executive summary, technical approach, management and staffing plans, and other sections as assigned; Contribute to writing in areas of programmatic and/or technical expertise;
- Coordinate all aspects of the technical and cost applications, working with the assigned leads for the technical and cost sections of the proposal, grants and contracts staff, and human resources staff for recruitment and personnel related matters;
- Ensure effective participation and input, as needed, from field-based managers, technical, and operations support staff;
- Ensure timely production and submission of assigned proposals in collaboration with other business development team members. This includes editing the final document, providing basic formatting and overseeing additional formatting, and final production and submission of all sections and cover letters;
- Manage the post-submission period in close collaboration with the the Program Management and the Head of Knowledge Management Department, Finance teams and AKAH’s leadership team;
- Conduct regular inspections to detect areas that violate the guidelines and initiates corrective measures;
- Monitor the sustainability of the programs’ results.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., international development, business administration, sustainable development, program and project management).
- At least 5 years resource mobilization experience, partnership building, business development at a large-scale international development organization;
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation.
- Successful and demonstrated team leadership and management track record in resource mobilization and proposal development;
- Extensive understanding of the key donor programmatic and procurement environment of other foundations;
- Excellent relationship building skills, externally and internally, including proven results in working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including proposal writing.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills;
- Excellent reporting, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems;
- Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners;
Interested candidates may apply at above given link.