The Department of Community Health Sciences (CHS) is the leading unit of its type in Pakistan, recognized regionally and internationally for the relevance, quality and extent of its work in support of public health and the development of primary health care systems. It comprises of five major operational sections: Epidemiology & biostatistics, Health policy & management, Population & reproductive health, Environmental health, and non-communicable diseases & mental health.
‘multitex RCT – Multifaceted intervention package for protection against cotton dust exposure among textile workers – a cluster randomized controlled trial’ aims to determine the effectiveness of an occupational health intervention for reducing cotton dust levels in textile mills and improving the respiratory health of workers. This research project is funded by the Welcome Trust and is being implemented in collaboration with the Imperial College London.
- Managing the overall logistic and financial aspects of the project
- Supervising the project team, including field staff
- Supervising the data management process and assisting the Principal Investigator (PI) in cleaning and preparing data for analysis
- Supporting the PI in data analyses on relevant datasets including baseline and follow-up surveys
- Assisting in preparing tables and graphs for summarization of data
- Conducting relevant literature search and supporting in report writing
- Regularly monitoring the study intervention, audit, and providing feedback
- Contributing in conducting occupational health and safety trainings for managers at textile mills
- Making regular visits to the textile mills and relevant stakeholders.
- A Master’s Degree in relevant discipline (including public health, epidemiology & biostatistics, occupational health & safety, and environmental engineering) or equivalent
- At least 2-3 years of experience of public health related research work, including analysis and report writing
- The ability to independently manage research project
- Good critical thinking, reasoning, and scientific writing skills
- Good management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; and ability to work in teams
- Proficiency in relevant computer skills (including MS office, SPSS, STATA, etc.)
- The willingness to work at flexible timings according to study requirements.