The incumbent shall be responsible for the overall Procurement, Administration, Logistics, Fleet, Inventory, and Security of all the projects and offices as per the project work plans and proposals. Coordinating with the Regional /District offices, Project/Program Managers, maintenance of important information in a Desktop PC and/or laptop using Microsoft Windows and draft reports with that information. He/she will be responsible for, but not limited to, performing the following duties:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management & Control of assets
- Ensure that all assets are recorded and the inventory list is updated;
- Regularly verify the existence and condition of assets by performing asset counts during the year.
- Ensure that all assets are tagged and numbered according to the asset register and as per donor requirements;
- Ensure that supporting documentation exist for all entries in the asset register;
- Maintain system that tracks the movement of assets between agreed locations and/or use by current staff or visiting delegates from other offices.
- Assist in establishing and implementing procurement plans with various Program Managers.
- Coordinate the undertaking of market studies required for managing and compliance with the procurement requirements.
- Oversee the set up and maintain a database of local suppliers (Organistion Approved Suppliers list), detailing criteria of quality, price, service, ethics etc.
- Undertakes centralised procurement as per request from field offices – ensures procurement and logistics conditions are in place in each FO for proper planning, implementation, monitoring of the supply chain
- Validates respect of the procedure for RFQ and above level (ITBs) across offices.
- Provide strong support in establishing and implementing MS software in FO and HO.
- Review procurement packs including completion of checklists, purchase requisitions, quotations, justifications memos and other documentation to ensure that company policy was adhered to, the necessary quality checks and confirmations where done;
- Ensure that the goods and services required are accurately described on the purchase order as per requirements and that all the relevant approvals are in place, prior to send the purchase order to the vendor;
- Ensure that no goods are delivered and/or services rendered without the necessary procurement process followed;
- Maintain a file wherein all signed purchase orders and supporting quotations are filed for easy reference and to facilitate future audits;
- Keep a list of all purchase orders issues and send the update to Finance monthly, to keep track of commitments;
- Ensure that contractors fulfil all requirements in the scope of work as agreed before payment of fees;
- Ensure that the necessary Agreements are in place, updated and planned for in time and that the procurement committee meets in time to ensure that the processes and approvals are transparent;
- Provides support in drafting derogations; coordinate derogations which apply to several field offices
Administration of Leases and Rental Agreements
- Ensure that rental agreements are properly maintained and amended where necessary;
- Liaise with the landlord and building manager to ensure that the building is maintained to guarantee a conducive working environment;
- Regularly review and renew office machine rental agreements where necessary;
- Maintaining lease agreement files and keeping these agreements in a safe place for reference purposes;
- Issue and maintain lease agreements for tenants;
- Ensure tenants are invoiced on a monthly basis as per signed lease agreements;
Process Requisitions for the Offices
- Supervise monthly provision of office supplies;
- Ensure that the organizational stationery requirements are catered for;
- Responsible for day-to-day office management and support services, activities, and personnel including project drivers.
- Follow up & issuing and renewing the project staff’s ID cards, permits and etc.
Travel Management and workshops
- Oversee and coordinate travel authorization submissions and travel bookings for staff;
- Regularly liaise with the preferred travel vendors and attend to service delivery issues or complaints from staff;
- Facilitate efficient coordination of conferences, workshops, meetings and travel in accordance with company policy;
- Authorize hire vehicles for staff;
Management of Staff
- Supervise the activities of the administrative officers and receptionist;
- Setting of goals, management of mid-year and annual performance appraisals;
- Development and coaching of Admin staff;
- Ensure that job descriptions of staff are reviewed annually and updated and discussed, if needed;
- Ensure that staff are develop so they can serve a s a backup for each other on the department;
- Technical support provide to subordinatesDevelop monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
Safety and Security
- Ensure that the office complies with regulations of the OHS Act and ensure that tasks teams are formed and responsible for office security and first aid;
- Ensure that regular safety drills take place;
- Ensure that the alarm system is maintained and a rotating schedule is shared for Admin Department to respond to armed response call outs;
- Liaise with HQ to ensure that security information is regularly updated;
- Induction of new staff;
- Develop Administrative systems and actively participate in policy development as needed;
- Keep informed of all policy and process changes within procurement, logistics and administration and communicating the changes / information to staff;
- Liaise and arrange with the various suppliers to maintain the office equipment in working condition;
- Provide technical assistance to Admin, Procurement staff and the Region for compliance issues and problem resolutions;
- Perform other reasonable duty as assigned.
- Minimum Qualification: MBA/C.A/ACCA
- Minimum Experience of 5 Years in development sector.
- Required advanced level of English, reading, writing for drafting of various reports, and knowledge of Urdu and Sindhi.
- Creative, energetic, ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to network and liaise with the community
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated flexibility, motivation, and maturity
- Willingness to work and live in harsh conditions.