Industrial Promotional Services invites applications for the position of Operations Manager for GBC. The role is based out of Gilgit and incumbent will be required to travel at a regular weekly schedule to Ghizer, Hunza and other parts of the GBC.
Operations Manager will be responsible for driving all business operations in GBC as well as supporting the business development manager for new project streams initiatives in IPS. Reporting to the CEO, the incumbent will be responsible to manage project managers of various businesses including Fish Farm, value add processing, hatcheries and other potential projects. The incumbent will also work closely with the business development manager to drive new project development.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall management and operations of all IPS businesses in GBC.
- Submit to the leadership team high level and quality reports including weekly and monthly financial reports as directed by IPS/AV leadership;
- Work closely with experienced consultants and lawyers regarding lease agreements, structural improvements, and help drive implementation of recommendations.
- Coordinate closely with communities in Ghizer, Hunza and other parts of GBC to identify business opportunities.
- The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate critical competencies in five broad categories: Ownership, Goal Oriented, Communication, Flexibility, and Motivation.
- Ownership: This role requires a very direct and managerial approach for day to day problem solving and decision making. Thus, the ideal candidate will have a high degree of ownership.
- Goal Oriented: Meets schedules, deadlines to achieve goals. Is able to identify actions necessary to achieve task completion and obtain results.
- Communication: Ideal candidate should be able to communicate problems as well as solutions effectively upstream to the leadership team.
- Flexibility: Is able to readily modify, respond to, and integrate change without any personal resistance.
- Motivation: Manages continuity, change and transition. Knows how to influence and enable others.
- A bachelor’s degree from reputable university with majors in marketing/finance/business; preferably an MBA from a reputable university.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing operations in a multi-national company/ large company and reporting to executive leadership.
- An understanding of the cultural and social environment of identified communities.
- Willingness to travel with possible overnight stay.
- Familiarity with different ethnic languages pertinent to the GBC area will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in close coordination with team members