ITREB Pakistan Invites applications for the Manager, Secondary Religious Education (RE). The Manager Secondary RE will report to the Academic Director (AD) Religious Education and Head of Religious Education Operations and support the planning, designing, and execution phases of RE programs across Pakistan. The incumbent will ensure the successful planning and execution of a comprehensive religious education strategy at the secondary level, including implementing a professional infrastructure to support the Secondary Teacher Education Programme (STEP). S/he will be required to work closely with STEP teachers and all the relevant stakeholders at the national, regional, and local levels. The Secondary Manager will work very closely with the AD and Head of RE Operations.
Strategic/Operational Planning and Direction
- Contribute to the development of the RE strategy for secondary students.
- Propose annual operating plans for Religious Education Centres and ensure their successful implementation across the country, along with the RE management based on the National ITREB strategic plan.
- Contribute to the budget preparation exercise.
- Analyze the exiting RE programs to identify strengths and gaps and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Prepare regular reports for the management and the Board on implementing Secondary RE and its impacts.
- Travel regularly across the country and, if required, internationally.
- Lead and supervise translation of secondary modules and ensure the completion of the task on time.
Access to Religious Education
- Review quarterly access data of each region consolidated by the MIS unit and suggest action plans to achieve planned annual targets with the collaboration of various regions.
- Develop strategies for improving access of secondary students and parental engagement.
- Design a detailed plan for the implementation plan of the REC policies at the secondary level in collaboration with TLs and ensure its implementation at the grassroots.
- Manage the timely delivery and implementation of the secondary RE calendar.
- Preparing quarterly operational plans and submitting monthly progress reports to the Academic Director.
- To address the queries of the Local and Regional boards regarding the logistics and other classroom resources of secondary RE programs.
- A deep sense of responsibility, sound judgment, and discretion
- Understanding of the RE system and procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with senior leaders, volunteers, and staff in the system
- Ability to manage a diverse group of professional and volunteer staff and by developing, nurturing and promoting teamwork
- Effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent administrative, communications, and organizational skills
- Well-organized, self-motivated, able to multitask, pay attention to detail and have a “can do '' attitude
- Be able to work independently with a minimum level of supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English and Urdu languages
- Comfort in working with computing, information, and communication technology.
- A willingness to travel from time to time across the country
- Willing to work in the evenings and on weekends. Ability to be discreet, sensitive, and objective in handling departmental affairs
- To support teachers managing their work by identifying their needs.
- Continuously work on improving secondary REC systems.
- Master’s degree in Education or Social Science or Management along with an understanding of Islamic Studies OR Applicants with a master’s degree in other fields and having relevant experience.