Aga Khan Health Service, Pakistan is looking for seasoned & dynamic IT Officer for Central Office, Karachi. The incumbent will be part of Information Technology team and will assist in troubleshooting and handling software/hardware related tasks.
Monitors and maintains the computer systems and networks of the Region. She/he may install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware/software faults and resolve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person. She/he also manages communication and backup servers at Regional Office. This position is responsible to provide support to admin department for admin related tasks.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Talking staff/clients for issue resolution through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
- Replacing hardware parts as required
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with internal & external customers and other professionals
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Ensure VPN connectivity among all clinical units and with central office
- Make sure user and application data are properly backed up within and outside premises according to the data backup policy and send all running application data to the central office as per the agreed interval.
- Maintaining a log of user complaints and sharing reports with the central team on monthly basis.
- Obtaining quotations for outsourcing works related to IT
- Preparing comparative analysis and processing ROPs related to IT works etc
- Maintain and update a list of IT vendors in their respective Regions
- Liaison with central IT lead for IT-related tasks
- Perform database management tasks
Required Skills & Competencies
- Preferably Bachelors/Master’s in IT from a recognized University
- Minimum 2-3 years of working experience
- Strong analytical, Interpersonal, and communications skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Holds no bars against travel and relocation
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications and inclined towards working in a technology-driven environment
AKHS is committed to reducing our impact on climate and the environment and have set ourselves the goal of striving for net-zero carbon operations by 2030. All staff is expected to take part in making this a reality. The IT Officer accompanied with his/her Line Manager is expected to identify and understand which aspects of his/her work have most impact on the environment, and define tasks, work, and personal goals within his/her work plan to reduce these impacts and bring AKHS closer to net zero.
Interested candidates meeting the criteria can apply latest by February 15, 2023