Reporting to the Executive Officers (EO) of the Community Institution, the Head of Support Services (HoSS) will lead the Support functions which includes Finance, HR, IT, Admin and MIS departments.
HoSS is required to ensure optimum utilization of institutional resources and taking benefit of integration of back office function. Rolling out and bringing uniformity in the processes, procedures and practices of the community Institutions which can bring economy of scales.
S/he will be a key partner in converting strategic policy direction for community Institutions in collaboration with EO’s and Office Bearers. Close communication with senior management for smooth implementation of programme activities and mentoring Head/Manager of each Support function as per institutional directions.
Leadership and institutional collaboration:
- Lead, develop and review institutional policies related to support functions and update as per the institution directions and best practices.
- Ensure periodic meetings of Board Committees of all support services function and timely actions. Facilitate communication and collaboration with and among community Institution to address the needs of the collective institutional goals.
- Promote the institutional culture of highest level of moral standards and ethical values which includes but not limited to excellence, empathy, tolerance, fairness, respect etc.
- Develop a long-term and mid-term plan with key milestones linked with institutional strategy and operating budgets.
- Ensuring submission of annual budget exercise in coordination with various Boards, Regional and National Office Bearers.
- Spearhead all regulatory compliance related matters in wake of changing legal environment.
- Liaising with Grants and Review Board on all operational matters.
- Ensure and facilitate the recruitment and retention of the highest quality staff throughout community Institution and arrange professional development as per development needs during appraisal cycle.
- Ensure that sound policies and procedures are developed and updated with the aim of creating an encouraging atmosphere within community Institution.
- Ensure that community Institution have a strong financial system, compliant and support current activities and future growths.
- Supervise Management Information System (MIS) and Information Technology (IT) activities along with assets and staffs responsible for operating and supporting these functions.
- Responsible for the planning, organization, management, implementation, control, and administration of the community Institution operations in keeping with direction from the Department of Community Institutions (DJI).
- Provide oversight to the Admin team in executing all operations and programs of community Institutions.
- Support and assist EO’s in ensuring smooth and efficient operations of all functions of the community Institutions.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as may be required from time to time.
Candidate should have developed professionally through progressively responsible management experience of at least 10 years in a complex organization in a medium / large organization. Community institutional and volunteer experience would be a significant asset.
Skills and Attitudes
- Goal-oriented, data-driven, with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, supportive, and collaborative working relationships with internal team members and the leaders and members of stakeholder organizations.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate professional and volunteer team members from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in writing actionable reports that build on input from multiple stakeholders, crafting proposals and related presentations, and developing other documentation.
- Experience in working and managing with databases.
- Comfort with public speaking in front of small groups and wider audiences.
- Experience in preparing budgets, coordinating the preparation of annual audits.
- Master’s degree from a nationally or internationally recognized university, preferably in Management.
- Professional qualification in project management, data analysis, HR, and/or accounting/finance would be an asset.
- Strong communication skills in English and Urdu (both spoken and written).
- Six days (Monday – Saturday). Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and extended travels within Pakistan.