A well knows organization functioning in the education sector is looking for a Head of Finance for its Karachi office. The Head of Finance will be responsible for all matters pertaining to financial management, preparation of statements & reports, budget preparation, management and control, accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fee collections, financial information system, fiscal planning, investment portfolio, and payroll disbursement.
- Participates in overall decision making as a member of senior management team of the organization. Key duties and responsibilities are as under;
- Prepare and interpret financial statements, reports and budget in a timely manner to assist the leadership in decision making.
- Presenting financial reviews through financial statements to the office bearers as and when require
- Assigns and delegates task to the finance team.
- Evaluates the performance of finance team with a view towards development and an emphasis on those individuals qualifying for future advancement.
- Implements and complies with orders and regulations issued by government agencies.
- Review and approves all disbursement vouchers submitted to signatories for payment.
- Ensure all banks are reconciled on monthly basis and have good working relationship with banks
- Examine and review and disburse staff payroll on time.
- Ensuring the effective financial controls across the organization.
- Providing meaningful analysis while setting/increasing fee structure.
- Advise board for channelizing the investments of surplus funds to get the maximum returns.
- Ensuring tight controls for the timely fee collection
- Making recommendations to ensure future growth during financial reviews
- Making financial feasibilities of any new projects/expansion and participating in business strategy
- Ensuring tight internal controls through development of clear financial policies manual, rules, Sops, authority matrix and making periodic changes as per requirement
- Liaison with IT Head in development of customized software (Financial and Inventory module), its successful implementation and also any additional module as and when needed
- Prepare financial budget and ensure budget vs actual spend reports on monthly basis along with variance analysis
- Responsible for supervising all tax related matters, liaison with the tax advisor/auditor to ensure withholding tax statements and annual tax return of the organization are prepared and submitted in a timely manner
- Liaison with auditors and conduct audit of the organization.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements;
- Oversees receipts, disbursements, and recording of accounts
- Assist in pricing of books/notebooks and resource packs.
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations
- Act as a strategic financial adviser to the Leadership, providing sound advice, guidance and information on organizational performance, risks and opportunities
- Any other Tasks assign by the supervisor
- Master's degree in Finance/accounting, ICMA / ACCA/CA or a related field with at least 8 years of experience, directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above, preferably in any academic institution(s), with at least 03 years at a senior level.
- S/he should be strategic thinker with Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and exceptional organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with school personnel, senior leadership, parents, government agencies and other stakeholders.
- Exceptional aptitude in financial activities management is required
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis, forecasting models and financial reporting
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software
- Leadership abilities