- Collect geographical and spatial information and manage its storage, analysis and presentation.
- Use a range of GPS tools in the field to capture the location of targeted areas such as houses, bridges, safety walls for flood or landslide defenses, etc.
- Undertake desk-based data capture to convert paper maps to GIS datasets. Prepare and provide base maps for the field surveys.
- Create and maintain the structures necessary for GIS data storage.
- Manipulate, analyze and present geographical information by creating programs, to convert GIS information from one format to another.
- Develop tool kit for different hazard vulnerability and risk assessment activities.
- Prepare formats for data collection.
- Maintain and Update GIS/HVRA database.
- Perform any other task as assigned.
- Minimum of a graduate degree in a related discipline, which includes Geomatics, GIS, geography or environmental science.
- Have at least 2 years’ practical experience.
- Basic knowledge of using ESRI ArcGIS, Google Earth Pro, ArcGIS Online, Google Maps API, etc.
- Comfortable in using all applications of MS Office.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.