The Finance Assistant will be responsible for accounting and financial support to the project office and to support ensure internal documentation related to payment vouchers, advance settlements, and reimbursements. S/he will be responsible for recording costs and day to day general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, assuring all backup documentation is audit ready. This position will report to the Finance Manager.
- Preparation of payment vouchers, advance settlements, and reimbursements.
- Vouchers documentation in terms of accuracy and completeness.
- Ensuring the accuracy of expenses and project accounting codes are as per the work plan/budget.
- Ensures request for payments have appropriate approvals as per Project SOA.
- Assist in timely processing of payments, advances, and reimbursements.
- Prepare Bank reconciliation statements of the project.
- Support Streight2Bank (Electronic Banking) of the project.
- Minimum of bachelors degree in Business administration, finance, accounting or in a related field
- Can-do attitude and fair amount of attention to details
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience and understanding of financial management and accounting system of development organizations
- Good knowledge of admin operations practice and techniques
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to adapt within the working environment
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Good verbal and written communication skills