A well reputed private sector hospital in Karachi is seeking an individual passionate about data governance and ensuring our data is protected, secure and compliant with regulations of the multiple geographies where we serve.
- The Director / Senior Manager, Data Governance and Operational Analytics is responsible for leading all governance accountabilities and activities for the organization’s operations. Additionally, you will also be accountable for all the reporting and analytics needs of the Hospitals.
- You will manage a comprehensive governance programme that meets the needs of all departments and functions across the organization whilst ensuring compliance with country regulatory requirements. Further, you will ensure that all hospital data is governed, protected and secure and in compliance with regulatory reporting obligations and accreditation requirements.
- You will also oversee all analytic needs for the Hospitals, including data provisioning, integrity, quality, and reporting; delivering analytic reporting that is reliable, scalable, predictable, and available as per the needs of the individual Hospitals across the organization community.
- You will be accountable for university-wide decision-making related to all aspects of data governance and protection and all analytic activities related to the office of the CMIO.
- You will report directly to the Chief Information Officer and work closely with Chief Data Innovation Officer and Chief Data Protection Officer.
- Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or Information Engineering; a background including statistics is preferred.
- 7 – 9 years of experience in a leading Data Governance or Data Protection organization within a fast-paced and complex environment across multiple geographies ideally in academics, and/or health-care delivery including driving change within a large, preferably academic, organizations
- Proven track record in the design, development, and implementation of data governance access and protection programs at a large complex organization.
- Should have significant experience building and leading a data governance organization or practice as well as successful experience evangelizing/advocating for data analytics especially for operational efficiency
- A strong track record of addressing the challenges of developing data products at scale especially in the domain of operational analytics
- Experience building out products that can meet the needs of a wide set of user personas ranging from simple to complex needs
- An ability to define and prioritize initiatives while working cross-functionally, and managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Strong references that speak to your ability to collaborate and communicate with stakeholders, hospital personnel, developers, data scientists, IT and researchers in an agile environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- A genuine excitement for solving complex problems and strong sense of empathy for the challenges faced by LMICs
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you roll up your sleeves, thrive on change, and get things done
- To be a team player, coach, and referee all-in-one