AKHS, P is looking for an experienced and dynamic Community Health Nurse for Karachi Region who will work closely with communities.
The incumbent who will work as Community Health Nurse and will be responsible for providing support and patient care for the health facilities of AKHSP. She/He would do the assessment of patients' overall health, identify needs for treatment and connect them with ideal practitioners for necessary treatment.
- Counsel communities on family panning protocols, procedures and health care
- Monitor patients’ vitals on continuous basis and actualize emergency interventions to restore patients' condition or stop negative reactions
- Educates communities regarding breast feeding, vaccination, hygiene care, post-natal care nutrition and other health promoting behaviors
- Maintains calculated input and output record
- Maintains proper documentation/record
- Run infusions as per advice of physicians
- Prepare and conduct in-service educational sessions focusing on basic health care
- Extend moral support and do counseling of the patient and family members as and when required
- Perform CPR and ER procedures, I/V Cannulation & Medication Administration
- Provide basic surgical and wound care
- Report to Physician about client’s condition
- Calculate dosage and administers medication and maintains complete patient record/all Nursing documentation
- Ensure functioning of technical equipment
- Support & help Dr/ Nursing Assistants/RNs in performing direct patient care when required
- Inform maintenance Department/Administrator in case of any default found in any instrument
- Able to learn computer software for billing and documentation of patient history and treatment
- Conducts out reach clinics within community as well as nearby sister communities.
Education, Experience & Competencies
- Nursing/ LHV/ Family Welfare Worker / Family Planning Diploma
- Preferably PNC registered/License is compulsory
- Minimum 2-year experience related to Family Planning Counselling
- Ability to speak and understand local languages
- Demonstrate polite as well as courteous behavior at all times, and positive attitude to those in authority
- Ability to give oral instructions / information to the patients
- Ability to maintain Nursing documentation and implement nursing SOPs in nursing care
- Must have problem solving skills
- I/V Cannulation & Medication Administration
- Understand Infection Control & Nursing Protocol
- Knowledge about Lactation Management
AKHS is committed to reducing our impact on climate and the environment and have set ourselves the goal of striving for net-zero carbon operations by 2030. All staff is expected to take part in making this a reality. The Community Health Nurse accompanied with his/her Line Manager is expected to identify and understand which aspects of his/her work have most impact on the environment, and define tasks, work, and personal goals within his/her work plan to reduce these impacts and bring AKHS closer to net zero.
Interested candidates meeting the criteria can apply latest by February 22, 2023.