looking for Assistant Manager, Fixed Assets and Inventory for the following roles:
- Ensure that fixed assets additions, disposal and transfers are timely and accurately recorded in asset register and accounting records;
- Ensuring asset register reflects accurate record of asset of the organization and remains reconciled with subsidiary ledger and asset register reconciled
- Monthly execution of depreciation in the system
- Ensuring accurate reporting of inventory balances and review of inventory adjustments
- Ensuring inventory main ledger and sub ledger are reconciled.
- Ensure that schedules for assets additions/deletions, CWIP, LC account, GIT, disposal proceeds, etc. remain updated at all times
- Ensure that period closing activities including monthly, quarterly and annual Journal Vouchers related to fixed asset and required adjusting entries such as for goods in transit, contractual obligations, capital spares, deferred capital grant/donations, etc. are recorded.
- Quarterly preparation of Fixed Asset, Inventory & Spares note to the financial statement or requested by management and responding to reporting related queries
- Prepare various management reporting
- Coordinate with stakeholders for fixed assets related matters
- Coordination with the User’s for the updation of assets particular’s in Asset register.
- Timely resolution of user queries/requests for fixed assets and inventory
- Ensure that effective controls over Fixed Asset Management are in place in coordination with User departments and Construction/purchase team
- Plan and supervise fixed asset and inventory physical verification activity on regular basis
- Ensuring timely release of staff exit checklist in coordination with user’s department and with fixed asset team and ensuring satisfactory completion of asset transfer/handover confirmation
- Communication with users creating awareness of their responsibilities for asset management, the changes in policies and procedures/processes.
- Hold training / awareness session
- Contribute in process and system improvements of fixed assets and inventory management and ensuring compliance with existing fixed assets and inventory policies and procedures
- Have sound knowledge of overall financial systems.
- Should be able to multitask and think out of the box
- Possess exemplary interpersonal communication and report writing skills.
- Able to manage team, defining roles and responsibilities, establish accountability, motivate team and command respect.
- Proficiency in computers especially MS Office, particularly MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint tool is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet stringent timelines.
Minimum of 3 years working experience in Finance.
Candidates with Fixed Assets and Inventory management experience will be preferred.