As a Senior Software Engineer on our Engineering team, you will be leading, building, and owning backend services and infrastructure that power our core financial products. You will also gain a unique look into how Pakistan’s financial systems work on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge. We strive for a high standard of engineering quality while solving unique scalability challenges. You will have high impact roles at a relatively small company for our customer base.
- Design large scalable systems within a team, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Lead, build, test, and release product-facing features with stringent correctness and scalability requirements; these features could be related to market data, trading, accounting, authentication, or security.
- Proactively identify and drive optimizations and improvements to the product.
- Collaborate with our frontend team to fine-tune our REST API and our data team to support our customers.
- Integrate with our partners and other financial institution to build a fantastic customer experience.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and transactions.
- Familiarity with writing highly concurrent systems.
- Good intuition for REST API design and building microservices.
- You are self-sufficient in contributing to the team's engineering efforts.
- You are a proven tech lead with experience planning and leading large projects with long-term impact on a single system or team.
- You have a strong technical grasp and have an excellent judgment on task prioritizations.
- You can solve complex engineering problems that deliver results and help the team achieve its objectives.
- You have a history of creating and applying new processes and tooling to increase engineering efficiency.
Our Technology Stack
- Java (Springboot), Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice.
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store.
- AWS, Socket I/O