The Council for Pakistan is implementing a comprehensive program for the socio-economic development of the populations in certain parts of Gilgit-Baltistan & Chitral (GBC). Social Protection is the underlying theme of the program for sustainably uplifting the Poor, Differently Abled & Vulnerable communities in specific areas of GBC where socio-economic opportunities are limited and vulnerabilities are high. The purpose of the program is to work with poor families that have opportunities for socio-economic development in the short-term, as well as with the ultra-poor families requiring long-term support. To this end, a multipronged, integrated approach is underway, working simultaneously on short and long-term initiatives while addressing the subsidies/financial assistance needs for the gap period between the initiation and impact of these initiatives.
The position is aimed at strengthening an effective MIS and M&E system, able to undertake qualitative and quantitative assessments of progress towards programmatic goals of the SEDP. This position will also facilitate informed decision-making of/by senior management, leading to achievement of all programme targets in a timely and cost-effective manner. This position reports to the Program Coordinator with close liaising with the Regional Programme Managers of GB and Chitral for SEDP and Head/Manager of M&E and MIS at Central Office of Council.
Monitoring and Evaluation along with the MIS Department within the institution aims to improve program quality and accountability in achieving results and evaluate its impact on direct beneficiary. It ensures that the data is well recorded, maintained and its analysis are presented in a meaningful way. Another key objective is to enable business partners (management and leadership) to measure program and project deliverables, successes, and short-comings for course correction and revamp of programs if needed.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Develop M&E framework of SEDP encompassing standard monitoring systems and tools for collecting data on inputs and outputs, documenting program theory of change to link the results chain, and develop program log frames etc.
- Develop outcome-based program plans that links the results chain from activities to long term outcomes and conduct periodic (monthly, quarterly, and yearly) reviews based on the planning.
- Design and implement baseline, midterm, and end of program evaluations, and disseminate the findings to stakeholders.
- Establish performance M&E system to provide succinct analysis of the effectiveness of the Program.
- Provide technical, organizational and capacity building support to implementing partners and primary stakeholders and undertake regular monitoring.
- Facilitate hiring of external evaluators and implementing
Management Information System
- Develop and process for smooth MIS operations in collecting and consolidating data from downstream level.
- Develop and maintain a MIS that is responsive to the needs of the organization at multiple levels. Supervise data processing, data cleaning and verification processes.
- Design and conduct user testing of an MIS system.
- Oversee the MIS and M&E activities and liaise with partners to develop an MIS and M&E framework that is able to manage and track data while using quality assessment tools.
- Develop a strategic approach in consultation with the Program Coordinator for measuring overall programme impacts, including establishing performance monitoring indicators and measurement systems.
- Design and conduct training and orientation for the concerned staff and volunteers on M&E and MIS activities.
- Provide effective and high-quality reports periodically as well as on-need basis, in consultation with the Program Coordinator, on all matters relevant to the effective and efficient management of program.
- Identify gaps in policies and operational procedures as well as bottlenecks that hinder field implementation and achievement of programme goals and recommend solutions.
- Perform any other task as and when assigned by the Supervisor.
- The ideal candidate should:
- Be well-versed in the latest tools and techniques related to MIS and M&E.
- Be familiar with methods/approaches of project design, proposal writing, data management, data analytics, monitoring, evaluation and research.
- Have good understanding of integrated development approach.
- Have demonstrated ability to successfully implement MIS / M&E activities in a professional and/or voluntary setup, and working under tight deadlines.
- Have excellent communication and report writing skills. Be fluent in English, Urdu and relevant local languages.
- Be a team player with strong networking skills, backed by excellent people management skills who can work with a very diverse group of people across all ages and economic strata.
- Have experience of working on poverty alleviation tools and have relevant skill sets.
- Have high level of competence on MS Office (Excel, Access etc), Project Management tools, Business Intelligence tools and other software applications.
- Have excellent skills in documenting business processes and diagrams
- Have excellent skills of creating customs tools in case one is not available for example using MS office (Excel, Access etc)
- Be able to work under stress, and willing to travel extensively within the project area.
- The candidate should have 5-8 years of work experience with reputable organization (s) in social or developmental sector in a similar capacity.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Information Management, Economics, Public Policy, Statistics or other relevant fields. Additional degree / certification under Evaluation or completed course work in program evaluation or advance program evaluation will be added advantage
- Strong communication skills in English and Urdu (both spoken and written). Fluency in English, Urdu and relevant local language.
- Strong interpersonal skills together with cultural, gender and political sensitivities.
- Six days (Monday – Saturday).
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and extended travels within Pakistan.