Tearsheet looks at the financial services industry through the lenses of professionals who work in the industry. We’re read widely by heads of product, technology, digital, and marketing at some of the most influential financial institutions in the world. You’ll be tasked with telling stories related to technology’s impact on the financial services industry — how it’s impacting products and services, becoming more responsive to clients’ needs and wants customer acquisition, and culture.
Our journalists are given a lot of independence in their writing. They also receive daily editorial guidance and support in determining the right hooks and approaches to their articles
- Research and write well-constructed, sourced articles (500-1,500 words) about companies and themes for our community of thousands of subscribers
- Ability to go deeper into a new product and also take a 50,000-foot view of industry-level trends
- Comfort and professionalism in sourcing new stories. You’ll be talking to leaders in financial services and financial technology and represent the Tearsheet brand.
- Ability to collaborate with our editorial team. We’re open, transparent, and respectful and we work together to develop and publish our stories
- Mother tongue level command of written and spoken English.
- Detail orientation — you will be interested in getting the facts and dates straight, along with who’s doing what and how they’re doing it.
- Curiosity — you want to learn the stories behind the stories, probing deeper and asking further questions, going beyond press releases and marketing-talk
- Education — what education you received isn’t as important as your experiences as a journalist.
- Experience — We’re looking for professionals with at least 3 years of experience writing for a major publication.
- Ability to work remotely and independently — a must
- Interest in working with diverse multi-cultural/multinational teams – a must
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills – a must
- Good work environment including a personal computer with video conferencing capability, mobile, good internet connection – a must
Note: This Job can be availed across Pakistan and Work from home.