Working under the direct supervision of the President-IYS, the Head of Admin & Operations will be responsible for supporting the organization’s overall administration functions including long-term strategic planning, overseeing daily operations, facilities and infrastructure maintenance, assets and inventory management, security management, liaison with government and relevant bodies, delegating tasks to staff and managing administrative staff of the organization.
- Participates in overall decision making as a member of senior management team of the organization. Key duties and responsibilities are as under;
- Developing, reviewing, and improving administrative systems, policies, procedures and devising ways to streamline processes for IYS across the board.
- Manages and/or provides day-to-day leadership to various technical, professional, and/or administrative personnel performing their duties.
- Oversee timely facilities services, maintenance, renovation of buildings and also maintenance of moveable fixed assets.
- Delegating tasks to administrative staff and overseeing daily operations.
- Take self-initiative to increase efficiency in the workplace and facilitate all the department/schools regarding their program administration and even management.
- Lead and handle all government matters including but not limited to EOBI, SESSI, Legal matters/notices and assist finance in audit of those matters.
- Assess staff performance and succession planning of admin staff collaboration with the HR.
- Preparing and managing of administrative budgets.
- Maintaining corporate relationships and negotiating contracts and agreements with vendors.
- Provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Assets management and monitor inventory of office supplies, stationary and others items.
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and developments.
- Master's degree in business, accounting or a related field with at least 7 years of experience, directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above, preferably in any academic institution(s), with at least 02 years at a senior level.
- A dynamic, energetic, committed leader and a key team player, having commitment to the ideals and ethos of the AKDN.
- S/he should be strategic thinker with Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and exceptional organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Require to demonstrate strong communication (both written and verbal), leadership and time management skills
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office.
- Able to develop a strong team with effective people management, negotiation, and decision-making skills.