Industrial Promotion Services invites applicantions for the position of Fish Farm Manager for its Farm located in Ishkomen/Ghizer Region. The role is mainly based in Ishokmen, Ghizer and may require travel to GBC and or Islamabad.
Farm Manager will be reporting to the Operations Manager, the Fish Farm manager will oversee day to day operations to ensure that the business is running smoothly and managed efficiently, provide daily, weekly and monthly reports to the management team and execute recommendations as provided by the leadership.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall management and operations of the Fish farm including managing teams, inventory control, finances, purchases of fishlings and sales
- Responsible for financial record keeping and administration of Fish Farms. Ensure that all finances are properly administered and monitored including maintaining accounts receivable and payable record, monthly funds request to head office and share receipt and verifications
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly financial reports highlighting mortality, sales, inventory, feed, as directed by the leadership
- Preparation of vouchers, verification of bills in consultation with Manager Finance.
- Coordinate with hired consultants and lawyers regarding lease agreements, structural improvements, and help drive implementation of recommendations
- Collect documents, receipts and other items from clients, suppliers and banks.
- Weekly grading and inventory control of the fish and reporting to the management
- Maintenance of tools, furniture, equipment at fish farm. Responsible to evaluate and analyze Capital expenditure requests in regards to maintenance and equipment and forward analysis to the head office
- Coordinate closely with contractors and engineers for repair of existing farms and construction of new farms.
- The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate critical competencies in five broad categories: Ownership, Goal Oriented, Communication, Flexibility, and Motivation.
- Ownership: This role requires a very direct and managerial approach on day to day problem solving and decision making. Thus, the ideal candidate will have a high degree of ownership.
- Goal Oriented: Meets schedules, deadlines to achieve goals. Is able to identify actions necessary to achieve task completion and obtain results.
- Communication: Ideal candidate should be able to communicate problems as well as solutions effectively to the leadership team
- Flexibility: Is able to readily modify, respond to, and integrate change without any personal resistance.
- Motivation: Manages continuity, change and transition. Knows how to influence and enable others.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree from reputable university with majors in marketing /finance /business.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing a business or operations. Preferred candidates would have experience in a multinational/large organization managing teams and owning deliverables.
- Education and/or experience in the Fish industry is highly preferred but not required.
- An understanding of the cultural and social environment of identified communities.
- Willingness to travel with possible overnight stay.
- Familiarity with different ethnic languages pertinent in the GBC area
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in close coordination with team member